As a landlord, if your property business suffers a grievance, sometimes the only recourse is to take whoever is responsible to court. Factors including government legislation, and the rise of no win no fee agreements have led to a litigious environment in the UK, and resolving disputes in court has become more widely accepted. As a property owner or investor, you are vulnerable to being involved in legal disputes, whether you need to bring or defend charges.
Legal protection and optional rent guarantee will help you through the legal issues that may arise from your property business and can reimburse lost rental income. PIB can offer these as optional covers.
It will help you if:-
- A tenant does not leave a rented property even when you have complied with all the contractual and statutory notice provisions.
- A residential tenant does not pay the rent due while nevertheless remaining in occupation.
- A tenant refuses to comply with his repair obligations particularly when the tenancy comes to an end and he has left the property.
- Having repairs or renovation work done to the property and the builder fails to deliver a service in accordance with the contract.
- It is alleged that you have failed to maintain certain appliances in accordance with the relevant health and safety legislation.
Legal expenses insurance covers:
- Property disputes – provides cover for legal expenses from disputes with the tenant over a breach by the tenant of any of their obligations under the tenancy agreement.
- Pursuit of Rent Arrears – The pursuit of rent arrears which commenced during the period of insurance.
- Eviction – The eviction of anyone in the property without your permission.
- Legal Defence – The defence or civil proceedings in respect of any act or omission or alleged act or omission by you arising out of your ownership or management of the property.
For more information, please call 01824 123456 or complete the form below: